JetSpeed FT1 is the first ever one-piece boot frame skate in the JetSpeed family. Featuring L1TEFRAME 360 technology, the JetSpeed FT1 is a highly-refined skate design with leading edge engineering to help maximize a player’s speed on the ice. Its ultra-lightweight structure makes it the lightest pro caliber JetSpeed skate to date. The monocoque construction gives players two critical benefits: A complete 360° fit around and underneath the foot for a customized fit, and a seamless direct energy transfer platform that helps generate more speed with every stride.
JetSpeed FT1 is scheduled to arrive April 28, 2017.
The next generation of the CCM E-Flex goalie gear is here! While staying true to the core of the Lefevre legacy, the E-Flex 3 has added many features to keep them “up to the minute” for the modern goalie game
The major improvements on the leg pads are:
- Speed Skin- CCM’s proprietary synthetic material increases the slide and glide on the pads and allows for greater power pushes
- Optimized Weight Distribution (OWD) Core- A slimmer thigh rise and the center of mass located below the knee makes this the lightest, most balance E-Flex pad ever
- QK5 Strapping- Optimized to allow greater velocity closing the 5-hole while allowing maximum rotation in the leg channel
On the new catch glove the major upgrades include-
- D30 Smart Material In Palm- Allows the palm to be thinner while increasing protection and dampening vibration
- Improved Double T Pocket- This massive double t-pocket allows for greater visibility of the puck while it’s in the pocket
On the new blocker the major upgrades include-
- D30 Smart Material In The Index Finger- Greater protection and vibration dampening in this sensitive, high impact area
- More Versatile Adjustable Cuff- Allows for a greater range of motion
Come check out the CCM E-Flex III goalie gear now! Looking to create your own custom setup? Click here
Been thinking about an upgrade? Already thinking about a new set of pads for next year? Tired of having to wait 12 weeks plus for a custom set of pads? Well you’ve come to the right place. For a limited time we’re offering a great selection of sizes and colors in pro level pads at 20% off our regular price. Unfortunately we can’t mention which pads, or how much they are on sale for, but most of the pads are 2016/2017 models! Call us at 781-646-1600 for availability and prices!
We’re lucky that every season we get to witness remarkable successes and achievements for many of the teams and individuals we service. The 2016/2017 season was no exception. We’ve already extolled the achievements of the Arlington High Spy Ponders Boys hockey team winning the MIAA Division 1A crown, so we wanted to point out a few other achievements-
Woburn, MA High School Girls Hockey Team Wins MIAA Division 1 Crown
The Tanners put on a great defensive effort in defeating the Rockets 3-1 to capture their third MIAA D1 championship! Congratulations to Senior Captain Lily Mallard and the rest of the Tanners on a great season!
Hopkins Commits To Yale
Belmont Hill School sophomore goalie Connor Hopkins (Malden, MA) has committed to play hockey for Yale University. We’re proud to have worked with Connor over the past few years on his goalie equipment needs. Congratulations Connor!
Porter Commits To Princeton
Rivers School Junior Goalie Aidan Porter (Wellesley, MA) has committed to play hockey at Princeton University. Aidan is a long time Sports Etc customer and we are very excited for his decision and continued success.
We love sharing the success of our customers! If you want to share an achievement or commitment please drop us a line at email@example.com
The new Brian’s Heritage series is handcrafted in Kingsville, Ontario, Canada and features the original and incredibly popular vintage Air Pac design. The pad itself features the newly engineered flexible e-foam core. The inner foam core is thinned out to be more flexible and lightweight, catering to the hybrid or traditional goaltender, giving the softest feel of any Brian’s pad in the past decade.
Here are the highlights of the new Heritage line:
- Traditional Strapping: This is the first stock pad from Brian’s in years to feature full traditional leather strapping for goalies not interested in the Smart Strap innovation.
- Laced Pad Facing: The face of the pad has a laced construction to give a more traditional feel and aesthetic look.
- Rounded Traditional Knee Rolls: The pronounced rounded knee rolls caters to the hybrid/butterfly style goaltender, while giving it a traditional look.
- Ultra Flexibile/ Soft Style Pad Core: Engineered foam core gives the softest feel and flex possible, while still providing a lightweight and durable construction.
- True Two-Piece Glove Cuff: The two-piece provides a higher degree of mobility and flexibility in the wrist.
- Binded Blocker Face: The binding around the face of the blocker provides a more vintage look, and keeps true to the original Air Pac design.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN SET OF BRIAN’S (LINKS BELOW)
For most hockey players the end of the fall/winter season culminates with a tournament to decide the champions! It is, without a doubt, the most exciting time of the season. It is also the most critical time as the games mean more and the competition is even greater. For these reasons it’s worth taking the time to take a few precautions with your most important gear!
Helmet– Check to make sure all your screws, snaps and straps are secure and in place. Most skate shops can help get your helmet in working order in no time. Consider buying an extra chin strap as tourney time tends to be the one time refs check on these things. Having an extra mouthpiece is also strongly recommended.
Skates– Make sure your skates are sharpened. No matter when the last time you got them sharpened was, this is the time of year to have them done before each game. Losing an edge can happen at any point so don’t take any chances! Have your blades checked by an expert. If they are getting low on steel get them replaced. If you have Bauer skates with the LS2 Edge holders (trigger) investing in a backup set of blades and having them sharpened and ready to go is a very worthwhile purchase.
Goalies- Grab an extra set of toe laces just in case you cut or break one during the course of play. Check out all of your clips and buckles to make sure you have them all and they are all functional. Check the condition of the cage on your mask and if it’s badly dented, get it replaced. While you’re at it, grabbing an extra dangler would be a great idea!
Miscellaneous– Make sure you have enough hockey tape, clear tape, and hockey laces to get you through the next couple of weeks! The relatively low cost versus peace of mind makes this an essential purchase.
There is no more important time of year for a hockey player then tournament time! Tournament time is the culmination of the season. It also tends to be the time of the year when your stick has seen better days after numerous slappers, blocks and slashes (or in the case of goalies, saves). Fear not, this is a great time to consider a new stick and we have a few recommendations to narrow down the choices.
Bauer Nexus 1N– This premium, pro level stick that launched late in 2016 is a staff favorite. The Nexus 1N differs from it’s brethren the Supreme 1S and Vapor 1X in that rather than having a specific kick-point (low in the Vapor, high in the Supreme) it features a “natural” flex. In other words, it flexes where the player positions their hands. This makes the Nexus 1N the most versatile performance stick in the Bauer line.
Warrior QRL Pro– The unanimous pick by our staff for performance-to-value in a pro stick. This is the same stick used by junior hockey and college hockey teams. They are exceptionally lightweight and durable, and are offered in an extra tall. The QRL features a low kick-point, which is perfect for snap shots and quick wristers. Compare this stick to sticks that cost $80-$100 more and you’ll have a new favorite!
True A5.2– While likely not a household name yet, True has been making composite hockey sticks for other hockey companies for years. As one of the leading manufacturers of graphite/composite golf clubs in the world, they pack decades of experience into their hockey sticks. The A5.2, much like the Warrior QRL Pro, is a pro level stick that compares favorably to sticks that retail for $300! They have incredible balance and feature a “natural” flex much like the Bauer Nexus line.
Sherwood T-Lite Pro Goalie Stick– If lightweight performance is what you’re looking for in a goalie stick, then this is the stick for you. This is the lightest goalie stick we’ve picked up, with a balance point that makes it feel even lighter. It’s durability has far exceeded other premium lightweight goalie sticks, and at $100 less than the competition, it is certainly worth checking out!
Warrior Swagger Pro Goalie Stick– This Finnish made, foam core goalie stick is a true work horse. Not only is it among the lightest foam core sticks, but it is also very durable. This is our staffs “go to” goalie stick when goalies ask for a recommendation. There are no major “bells and whistles” to speak of just superior construction and workmanship.
In early 2017 Vaughn Custom Sports launched the new Ventus SLR Pro Carbon leg pads. These pro pads were a significant departure from what many considered the classic “Vaughn” pad. Here are the highlights-
The Vaughn Ventus SLR Pro Carbon leg pad is one of the lightest, most durable pads on the market today. Here are some of the highlights:
- The foam core internal structure is pre-shaped in an “S” curve with carbon fiber inserts. The carbon fiber increases durability, decreases weight, and helps the pad maintain its structure, so there is no change to the pad shape over time.
- The new strapping system replaces all the leather straps to reduce the weight of the pad even further, and also provides an easier strapping set up. The boot strap is a combination of leather and elastic for added durability. There is also a magnetic buckle that attaches around the knee, which allows for a quick and easy way to put on the pad, all while reducing the overall weight of the pad.
- The reinforced HD foam padding along the edge of the pad allows the pad to sit flush along the ice for an extremely tight seal.
- The widened knee cradle allows for added room and flexibility for any goaltender who uses large knee pads.
Following up on the SLR Pro Carbon, Vaughn recently introduced the SLR concept in Youth, Junior, and Senior pad models! All feature the pre-shaped “S” curve, simplified strapping system and lightweight design of the Pro Carbon but at sizes and prices for goalies of any age or ability! Check out of full selection of Vaughn SLR goalie leg pads!
It’s a rare opportunity to get new goalie gear before it’s available to the general public. It’s an even rarer opportunity to get authentic pro goalie gear built to the exact specifications of one of the NHL’s best and most popular goalies. Now you can have both with this numbered, limited edition CCM E-Flex III authentic Carey Price custom setup!
These are as authentic as it gets. From the hand angle of the glove to to length of the pads (34+2″) these are the real deal. This is an awesome setup for any high level goalie, Carey Price fan, or goalie gear collector.
Even if authentic pro pads aren’t your thing, don’t miss a chance to check out the new, soon to be released CCM E-Flex III pro goalie gear weeks before they are available for purchase.
Please call 781-646-1600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries regarding this awesome authentic pad setup.