Goalies are you ready for the new CCM E-Flex II gear? Well it’s here at Sports Etc and only at Sports Etc! The 860 Senior and Intermediate and 760 Junior series are available in this unique custom graphic plus the exclusive double external break on the leg pads! The CCM E-Flex II line is CCM-Reebok’s traditionally influenced gear featuring the classic 3 knee roll design for great flexibility along with a great seal on the ice that the modern hybrid style goalie craves. Check out the new E-Flex II gear with our exclusive graphics today!
With seemingly endless stick curves to choose from, it can be a confusing and overwhelming process to find the perfect pattern that suits your style of play. One way to simplify your selection process is by looking at the 3 most popular stick patterns on the market. Each hockey manufacturer makes their own version of these 3 curves:
- Bauer P88 (Kane), CCM P40 (Hossa/MacKinnon), Easton E3 (Hall), Warrior W88 (Zetterberg)
This “mid” curve has become the most popular pattern on the market today. It has a perfect blend of attributes, and is not drastically catered to any specific style of play. Whether you are a puck moving defensemen, or a goal scorer, this has proven to be increasingly popular among players as a true “hybrid” pattern.
- Bauer P92 (Ovechkin), CCM P29 (Crosby), Easton E36, Warrior W03 (Backstrom)
This “mid-toe” curve is a perfect stickhandlers pattern. The slightly exaggerated curve allows for better puck control in tight spaces. The open face is beneficial for snap shots, or when the player needs to elevate the puck quickly.
- Bauer P28 (Giroux), CCM P28 (McDavid), Easton E28, Warrior W28 (Yakupov)
This “toe” curve is a true shooters pattern and is probably the fastest growing pattern on the market today, especially among forwards. The major hook at the toe allows for accurate shooting and the aggressive lie is ideal for stickhandling in tight spaces.
(Left: Mid Curve, Middle: Mid-Toe Curve, Right: Toe Curve)
Ever wonder what it’s like using the same equipment as your favorite NHL goalie? Well now you can experience it, with the brand new Vaughn Vision Goalie Catcher, found exclusively at Sports Etc.
On a recent visit to Vaughn in Oxford, Michigan, we were able to try on a game ready goalie glove for Tuukka Rask. The incredible feel of the glove got us thinking– why not design a Pro Spec catcher that we can sell at the retail level? The glove we customized is designed to mimic and capture all of the aspects that are important to NHL goalies.
Some of the highlights include:
- Custom “Game Ready” Palm- The break in the glove falls perfectly in the middle of the hand for an incredibly easy close. Ready for game action right off the shelf.
- Sure Grip Liner- The liner adds durability to the palm of the glove, and also prevents slippage of the hand from sweat.
- Extended “Deep” Pocket- The catch area is extended to provide a “deep pocket” for better puck control.
- Two-Piece Cuff- The split cuff allows for a flexible and comfortable fit around the wrist.
Bauer Hockey’s most researched, designed, and tested hockey skate in their long history, the Vapor 1X, arrived on April 24, 2015. While the skate is still classic Bauer Vapor there have been some significant changes such as:
- The 1X is built off Bauer’s 3D Lasted Composite upper, but we are introduced to a flashier version of an Aluminized Curv® Composite material.
- The 37.5™ liner technology dry up to 5 times faster than similar fabrics without it. 37.5™ helps to regulate your core body temperature, keeping your foot drier for longer, which enhances control and performance.
- Tuuk Lightspeed Edge holder complemented by an elite grade stainless steel Tuuk LS4 runner, which adds another three millimeters in profile height. This further increases the angle of attack, expands on your profiling options, increases the longevity of the steel with considerably more sharpenings, not to mention the performance enhancements of energy transfer and strong edges offered by such premium steel.
- Bauer’s SPEED PLATE™ features a recovery alloy technology, which basically means that this footbed is customized to your foot. It essentially marries the shape of your foot to the skate and puts the center of pressure more over the blade, which allows for better balance, control and performance.
When it comes to goalie pad customization, no goalie company does it better than Brian’s. Brian’s offers a truly 100% customizable goalie pad, which is unlike any other company on the market today.
This year we have been lucky enough to take part in some of the cooler customizations that we have ever done. All the completely original ideas were from our customers, and Brian’s was able to bring them to life with remarkable attention to detail. No design is too difficult for the crew at Brian’s, and they embrace any design challenge. Below are some of the pads we did this season:
Many hockey retailers will tell you that using a grip or non-grip stick strictly comes down to personal preference. While this remains true to some extent, there are certainly some added benefits to using a grip hockey stick.
We have heard directly from shooting coaches across the country, and they feel that the grip stick allows for the player to have their bottom hand firmly planted on the stick, while taking a shot. This is important because it ensures that there is no slippage of the hand. When the bottom hand slips during a shot, the player loses power that is needed to “load” the stick for a shot.
Longtime NHLer and shooting coach Scott Bjugstad has been advocating grip sticks for some time now. When we met him at an Easton hockey expo, he explained that a huge amount of velocity can be lost on shots when using a non-grip stick.
We are starting to see a trend toward grip sticks, and we believe that this philosophy is the driving force.
Recently, our staff was able to test out the new Bauer Vapor 1X hockey stick, which features the popular “quick release technology.” It got us thinking: what are the best quick release hockey sticks on the market today?
Three sticks immediately come to mind: the Warrior Covert QR1, the CCM Ribcor 40K and the Bauer Vapor 1X. These three sticks combine a low kick-point and a stiff blade, which are ideal for any quick snapshots or slapshots. For this reason, these sticks are popular among forwards, who are shooting in a tight window around the net. In our opinion, these quick release sticks suit ALL players. Hockey is a game of speed and quickness, where decisions are made in fractions of a second. What is better than having a stick that responds to the fast-paced nature of the game?
Going forward, we see these three sticks as the most popular and most effective sticks on the market today. Make sure you pick one up at Sports Etc. to take your game to the next level!
Welcome to the all new, totally redesigned sportsetc.net! We’ve been working hard to try and bring the Sports Etc experience to the Web and we’re getting closer and closer. The site is not complete yet and more products and features will be added daily. By the end of September you’ll be able to make purchases right from the site! In the mean time have a look around and let us know what you think.
Thank you for your patience and continued support!
The Staff Of Sports Etc
We’re happy to introduce True Hockey composite sticks to our already great selection of composite goalie and player sticks. Unlike many other “new” brands entering the stick market, True Hockey’s parent company, True Temper, has been making composite hockey sticks for 15 years and has produced more then 2 million composite sticks for various hockey manufacturers. In fact, their sticks have been used in every Stanley Cup finals since their entry into the market in 2000! They now bring their knowledge and patent pending technology to the forefront as True Hockey. Come in and see and feel the difference for yourself. A4.5 goalie sticks available now. Player sticks available spring 2015.
Welcome to goalie heaven! As New England’s original goalie superstore we know goalies, we GET goalies, we love goalies!! We don’t dabble in goalie gear we specialize in it! Stop in and let one of our experienced goalie experts fit you to your dream gear! Whether you are looking for stock colors or want to design your own custom gear we’re here to help you!