There is no more important time of year for a hockey player then tournament time! Tournament time is the culmination of the season. It also tends to be the time of the year when your stick has seen better days after numerous slappers, blocks and slashes. Fear not, this is a great time to consider a new stick and we have a few recommendations to narrow down the choices.
Bauer Supreme 1S– This premium, pro level stick is the latest version of the Bauer Supreme line. Like all Supreme sticks it features a higher kick point and shorter taper which Bauer calls the MPK (Maximum Power Kick). This, along with the new Renew Core Technology in the blade (for a longer lasting blade) make this an ideal stick choice
Warrior QX Pro– A staff favorite for overall performance-to-value in a pro stick. This is the same stick used by junior hockey and college hockey teams. They are exceptionally lightweight and durable, and are offered in an extra tall. The QX line offers a “natural flex” coupled with the Dagger Taper and Minimus Carbon for a versatile, high performance experience. Compare this stick to sticks that cost $80-$100 more and you’ll have a new favorite too!
True T-Pro– True has been making composite hockey sticks for other hockey companies for years. As one of the leading manufacturers of graphite/composite golf clubs in the world, they pack decades of experience into their hockey sticks. The T-Pro is the exact same stick that True makes for college and junior teams so they pack a ton of performance into a very reasonably priced package.
Bauer Vapor X-Shift– This exclusive model offers a ton of performance for under $200. Featuring a carbon constructed shaft- no fiberglas as in similarly priced models- and an upgraded 12K carbon blade, this stick is a nasty piece of work for sure!
THE Annual Goalie Sale took place on June 20-21 2017! We wanted to thank everyone who came out to make this sale the fun, successful event it was. Folks from across the State and across the Northeast turned out to grab a great deal on goalie gear from Vaughn, CCM, Brian’s and more! Please enjoy these photos from the event and we look forward to seeing you at our next big event!
The new CCM Tacks 710 hockey helmet, featuring the new I.Q.SHION foam liner, may just be the most comfortable helmet available. But that’s only part of the story. Utilizing all of CCM’s top technologies like D30 Lite Smart Material and R.E.D. System, the Tacks 710 helmet offers top notch protection. Finally, with its pro preferred look, it passes the all important “mirror test”. Strongly recommended for anyone, any age, playing at any level!
CCM Tacks 710 Helmet is available for purchase on 5/26/17
The Bauer Vapor 1x goalie skate has arrived. The new skate from Bauer is lightweight, mobile and protective—the VAPOR 1X goal skate is perfect for goalies who are quick on their feet. Designed to bring a new level of agility to the game’s most dynamic goalies. Here are some of the highlights:
- The 3mm extended facing allows the goalie to stay in attack position while adding more wrap for better overall fit.
- The Dynamic Tongue Flex molded insert gives goalies an edge by acting like a spring to move them forward into their stance.
- The Curv™Composite Quarter and Composite Outsole on the VAPOR 1X goal skate reduces weight, increasing stiffness for better weight transfer and increased quickness.
- The Vertexx Edge holder is a goalie-specific holder that eliminates the cowling and adds extra height, giving it a superior attack angle. The added advantage of a removable steel that’s ready in an instant means quick goalies just got quicker.
Bauer Vapor Traditional Fit– The Vapor fit on the goalie skate is similar to that of the original Bauer Reactor skate. Relaxed/traditional fit- good for normal to slightly full feet.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 10 out of 10– One of the best skates available for elite level goalies looking for a performance skate. The most innovative goalie skate on the market.
Check out the complete line of Bauer Vapor Goalie Skates Available NOW!
The major highlights of the Bauer Re-Akt 200 helmet include:
- Suspend-Tech NG: liner system with textured XRD Foam. This allows the liner to move independently from the inner foam of the helmet to manage all types of hockey impacts.
- FIT PLATE: This is a customizable occipital lock with recovery alloy technology that allows for a truly custom fit with added comfort around the back of the head. Heat formable.
- VTX Technology: The exceptionally lightweight foam absorbs high and low energy impacts. The integrated XRD and VTX foams create some of the most innovative and comfortable helmet padding to date.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating- 9 out of 10. One of the most protective helmets on the market. Innovative technology, which combines protection against rotational and direct impacts with high density foams, and the suspend-tech liner. Extremely comfortable fit, with a very secure fit around the back of the head.
JetSpeed FT1 is the first ever one-piece boot frame skate in the JetSpeed family. Featuring L1TEFRAME 360 technology, the JetSpeed FT1 is a highly-refined skate design with leading edge engineering to help maximize a player’s speed on the ice. Its ultra-lightweight structure makes it the lightest pro caliber JetSpeed skate to date. The monocoque construction gives players two critical benefits: A complete 360° fit around and underneath the foot for a customized fit, and a seamless direct energy transfer platform that helps generate more speed with every stride.
JetSpeed FT1 is scheduled to arrive April 28, 2017.
The next generation of the CCM E-Flex goalie gear is here! While staying true to the core of the Lefevre legacy, the E-Flex 3 has added many features to keep them “up to the minute” for the modern goalie game
The major improvements on the leg pads are:
- Speed Skin- CCM’s proprietary synthetic material increases the slide and glide on the pads and allows for greater power pushes
- Optimized Weight Distribution (OWD) Core- A slimmer thigh rise and the center of mass located below the knee makes this the lightest, most balance E-Flex pad ever
- QK5 Strapping- Optimized to allow greater velocity closing the 5-hole while allowing maximum rotation in the leg channel
On the new catch glove the major upgrades include-
- D30 Smart Material In Palm- Allows the palm to be thinner while increasing protection and dampening vibration
- Improved Double T Pocket- This massive double t-pocket allows for greater visibility of the puck while it’s in the pocket
On the new blocker the major upgrades include-
- D30 Smart Material In The Index Finger- Greater protection and vibration dampening in this sensitive, high impact area
- More Versatile Adjustable Cuff- Allows for a greater range of motion
Come check out the CCM E-Flex III goalie gear now! Looking to create your own custom setup? Click here
Been thinking about an upgrade? Already thinking about a new set of pads for next year? Tired of having to wait 12 weeks plus for a custom set of pads? Well you’ve come to the right place. For a limited time we’re offering a great selection of sizes and colors in pro level pads at 20% off our regular price. Unfortunately we can’t mention which pads, or how much they are on sale for, but most of the pads are 2016/2017 models! Call us at 781-646-1600 for availability and prices!
We’re lucky that every season we get to witness remarkable successes and achievements for many of the teams and individuals we service. The 2016/2017 season was no exception. We’ve already extolled the achievements of the Arlington High Spy Ponders Boys hockey team winning the MIAA Division 1A crown, so we wanted to point out a few other achievements-
Woburn, MA High School Girls Hockey Team Wins MIAA Division 1 Crown
The Tanners put on a great defensive effort in defeating the Rockets 3-1 to capture their third MIAA D1 championship! Congratulations to Senior Captain Lily Mallard and the rest of the Tanners on a great season!
Hopkins Commits To Yale
Belmont Hill School sophomore goalie Connor Hopkins (Malden, MA) has committed to play hockey for Yale University. We’re proud to have worked with Connor over the past few years on his goalie equipment needs. Congratulations Connor!
Porter Commits To Princeton
Rivers School Junior Goalie Aidan Porter (Wellesley, MA) has committed to play hockey at Princeton University. Aidan is a long time Sports Etc customer and we are very excited for his decision and continued success.
We love sharing the success of our customers! If you want to share an achievement or commitment please drop us a line at email@example.com
The new Brian’s Heritage series is handcrafted in Kingsville, Ontario, Canada and features the original and incredibly popular vintage Air Pac design. The pad itself features the newly engineered flexible e-foam core. The inner foam core is thinned out to be more flexible and lightweight, catering to the hybrid or traditional goaltender, giving the softest feel of any Brian’s pad in the past decade.
Here are the highlights of the new Heritage line:
- Traditional Strapping: This is the first stock pad from Brian’s in years to feature full traditional leather strapping for goalies not interested in the Smart Strap innovation.
- Laced Pad Facing: The face of the pad has a laced construction to give a more traditional feel and aesthetic look.
- Rounded Traditional Knee Rolls: The pronounced rounded knee rolls caters to the hybrid/butterfly style goaltender, while giving it a traditional look.
- Ultra Flexibile/ Soft Style Pad Core: Engineered foam core gives the softest feel and flex possible, while still providing a lightweight and durable construction.
- True Two-Piece Glove Cuff: The two-piece provides a higher degree of mobility and flexibility in the wrist.
- Binded Blocker Face: The binding around the face of the blocker provides a more vintage look, and keeps true to the original Air Pac design.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN SET OF BRIAN’S (LINKS BELOW)