Coming to stores on July 13 2018, Bauer will be releasing the newest skate to their Supreme line. The Bauer Supreme 2S hockey skate will include some of Bauer’s most innovative features to date. Here are some of the key highlights:
– LS5 Carbon Steel- The LS5 Carbon Steel from Bauer features a carbon chrome coating, which hardens the edges of the blades, and increases overall durability. The internal core of the LS5 Steel is also softer than a typical blade, which improves the sharpness and consistency at the edges. According to Bauer, the LS5 Carbon Steel will have an approximate 61-69% improvement in overall sharpness level compared to LS2 and other similar blades. The change is so drastic, Bauer suggests that you may need to choose a duller radius on the Bauer Supreme 2S skate. They feel that you will be able to maintain a strong bite on the ice, with a more shallow hollow because of the improvements made in the quality of the steel. A Bauer/NHL study found that most players chose a more shallow hollow after trying the LS5 Carbon Steel.
– Speedplate 2.0- The Bauer Speedplate 2.0 is a full custom footbed with multi-layer foam to help increase comfort and support. This in upgrade over the original Speedplate, which did not offer as much foam support, affecting the overall comfort of the product.
– 3 Piece 52 ounce felt tongue- The 3-piece felt tongue offers a unique blend of flexibility (3 pieces) for full range of motion, and protection with the 52 ounce felt padding throughout the tongue.
– Precision Fit Technology/Curv Composite Boot- Consistent with the high-end Supreme line over the most recent years– the 2S skate will feature a full Curv Composite boot, with an anatomical precision fit for a true custom fit around the contours of a persons foot.
Another interesting fact about the Bauer Supreme line– through 50 thousand foot scanes, the Bauer 3D Skate Lab found that 45% of players are an ideal fit for the Supreme line, over Vapor (43%), and Nexus (12%).
We believe to improve your game on ice you need to put in the work off ice. We are excited to add dryland training gear from Snipers Edge to our other off ice training products. Snipers Edge offers a range of products to help improve your game. Here are just a few of the most popular items
Slick Tiles Hockey Flooring– This is where it all starts. CCM Sniper’s Edge Slick Tiles Dryland Flooring Tiles by shooting, stick handling and passing in your very own home hockey training area. Perfect for hockey players who want to take their game to the next level, Slick Tiles Hockey Floor Tiles allow you to have a dryland training area almost anywhere. Sold in boxes of 20 tiles
PassMaster Rebounder– The PassMaster™ is the best selling hockey passer and one-timer training aid of all time. The reason is simple! It’s the most versatile hockey passing aid available, offering the most features for the lowest price. While other copy-cat products are made of cheap plastic and only offer one or two passing lanes, the PassMaster’s solid steel construction and THREE sided band design makes it the most durable and best hockey puck passer on the market. Use one, two or even all THREE sides to give you ultimate flexibility in the various drills you can master. The PassMaster hockey passing aid can be used to work on passing accuracy, short bullet passes, rocket fast one-timers, catching passes with soft hands, and more
SweetHands Stickhandling Trainer-
SweetHands hockey stickhandling aid will greatly improve your speed, timing, eye-hand/stick coordination, precision, and consistency when dangling with a puck or stickhandling ball, and can be used either on or off the ice. (Screw in spikes for on-ice use included) After technically mastering each individual skill, the player will advance to higher speed movement drills as well as partner passing, utilizing forehand, backhand and saucer passing.
Snipers Edge dryland training products will be available at Sports Etc starting in June 2018
New to May 2018, the Bauer Supreme 2S goalie line reaches a new level of speed on the ice. The new C.O.R.T.E.C.H ST skin is improved for better slide, durability and faster rebounds. And the POWERLITE core gives the pads a more durable core with better seal on the ice.
With 83 percent better puck impact, 68 percent better tensile strength and 57 percent better skate cut resistance, these pads are three times more durable overall.
Supreme vs. Vapor Goalie Pads: Supreme pads feature a single break below the knee with a stiff, fused boot for goalies who like technical and precise movements. Vapor pads have a double break above and below the knee with soft boot flex. Perfect for agile, reactive goalies.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 9 out of 10- A lightweight, firm pad using cutting edge technologies that compliment the modern butterfly goalie.
On May 18, 2018 the Bauer Supreme 2S Pro Goalie Skate will be released for sale. The new goalie skate has a new Curv Composite boot, carbon coated stainless steel, lock-fit pro liner, and a new heel lock with an eyelet comfort pad. These upgrades make the 2S Pro one of the most elite goalie skates on the market today. Here are some of the highlights:
- Carbon Curv® composite boot
- Asymmetric goalie specific boot design
- Lock Fit Pro liner
- Asymmetric recoil tongue
- VERTEXX EDGE goalie holder
- Full composite outsole with ventilation
- Goalie specific toe cap
- LS5G Carbon-Coated Stainless Steel
- Lundqvist loop
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 10 out of 10– One of the best skates available for elite level goalies looking for a performance skate. The lightest goalie skate ever made.
With the meteoric rise in popularity of performance composite goalie sticks at every level of hockey, the Bauer Supreme 1S set a very high bar in terms of weight and balance. With the launch of the Bauer Supreme 2S Pro, the bar is set even higher.
The biggest improvement in the 2S Pro is the new Ergo Spine construction. This technology allows Bauer to compress and flatten the materials in the paddle reducing weight and increasing stiffness. As a result of this “flattening”, the spine of the handle is visible on the back of the paddle making for an extremely lightweight goalie stick.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating- 10 out of 10. The lightest premium goalie stick on the market today.
CCM Hockey jumps headlong into the 3D skate scanner market with the launch of the new CCM 3D Fit Scanner. The CCM 3D Fit Scanner combines elements of other popular skate scanners resulting in the most versatile scanner on the market. The CCM 3D Fit Scanner can be used 3 ways-
- Skate Recommender- The 3D scanner interface can be used to analyze any set of feet and recommend the ideal size and line of stock CCM skates. It even gives you the second best choice.
- 3D Custom Mold- The 3D scanner interface can be used to order a set of 3D custom molded skates. In this process, a 3D model of your foot is created and a Super Tacks AS1 is pressure molded to the model giving you a perfect fit right out of the box! This process takes about 8 business days and is the best option for a custom fitted skate.
- Total Custom Skates- The 3D scanner interface can be used to create a true custom skate. The process is the same as the 3D custom skate, but your options are greater. Among the options are a choice of Super Tacks AS1, Jet Speed FT1, Ribcor 70K, different sizes for left and right foot, different tongues and many more options. Total Custom Skates take 2-4 weeks for delivery.
The CCM 3D Fit Scanner will be at Sports Etc. Follow us on social media for updates on the CCM 3D Fit Scanner!
In early April we started demolition on what will be our new, dedicated hockey stick room in the basement of our Arlington, MA store. When completed this room will hold 1,000+ hockey sticks.
In recent days, all the electrical has been wired, wall studs placed and plastering has been completed.
Painting and slat wall should be completed by early next week. The hockey stick room will include a shooting area to test out demo sticks from companies like Bauer, CCM, Warrior, Raven, and more!
At the rate the project is moving, we plan on a soft launch in late May with an official Grand Opening in early June. Follow the progress on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts!
Update May 25, 2018– The Sports Etc Stick Cellar is nearly complete. Carpeting is down, electrical completed, slat wall hung and A/V system installed. The shooting alley, one of the highlights of the Stick Cellar, is finished and awaiting a custom shooting tap. There is still work to be done but we’re all excited as we get closer and closer to a Grand Opening!
Update June 12, 2018- It’s finally here! It’s the Grand Opening of the Sports Etc Stick Cellar! Come join us 6/14-6/18 to check out our new dedicated, exclusive, stick room and score great deals on sticks all weekend long! As a special attraction, meet Boston Bruins Ryan Donato and Noel Acciari On Thu 6/14 from 5:00-7:00 (thank you to our friends at Warrior Hockey)
New for May 2018, the Ninja Gen3, has a new look and enhanced features for players under 120 pounds. Here are some of the highlights:
- World’s Lightest Junior Stick- Built with 25x BLACKMOND ultra lightweight and thin performance carbon, the Ninja III from Raven is far lighter than anything on the market today.
- Same Pro Feel- Despite the new carbon, Raven has kept the same hand-built, mid-kick response.
- Blade Stiffness- The new 25x BLACKMOND carbon pattern delivers more power transfer and velocity to the puck with less vibration and twisting. This creates less blade “opening” during the shot, which helps deliver more powerful and accurate shots.
Ninja III 20 flex= 250 grams
Ninja III 30 flex= 270 grams
Ninja III 40 flex= 290 grams
Ninja III 50 flex= 310 grams
The latest edition of the ultra-popular CCM Premier goalie gear, the Premier II Pro, arrives in late April. This is the lightest, most innovative version of the Premier series ever. Here are a few of the features:
Premier II Pro Leg Pads
Litecore Technology- 20% lighter core than the original Premier with structural integrity to help the pad seal to the ice.
Max Rebound Technology– Directional energy transfer foam offers powerful rebound control, eliminating the second shot.
Quick Motion Strap System– Responsive system for faster drop velocity and butterfly recovery.
Premier II Pro Catch Glove
Double T Pocket– Increased visibility in the pocket.
D30 Technology– Increased protection and shock absorption.
Adjustable Hand Strap– Improved fit for optimized snap.
Premier II Pro Blocker
Redesigned Inside Thumb Protector– Lightweight and optimized weight balance.
D30 Technology– Impact protection when the puck rolls up on the paddle.
Anatomical Cuff– Increased wrist mobility for playing the puck.
Pre-Order Now: Premier II Pro gear will be available to purchase on April 29, 2018!
The CCM Super Tacks was the first skate in 2016 to introduce the one-piece benefit to the hockey world. Building upon that design for 2018, is the new CCM Super Tacks AS1 skate. Featuring the engineered and patented Monoframe 360 technology, the Super Tacks AS1 pushed the limits further than ever before! Here are some of the key features-
One Piece Benefit– A newly designed fully anatomical shape that molds to every inch of the player’s foot and helps provide more foot-to-skate contact
Carbon Composite Frame– A one of a kind carbon composite material that helps players generate extreme power in their skating stride
SpeedBlade Black– A premium, oxide treated runner that helps provide advanced performance, a longer edge life, and higher resistance to corrosion
CCM Super Tacks AS1 will launch on April 27, 2018