Coming to stores on July 13 2018, Bauer will be releasing the newest skate to their Supreme line. The Bauer Supreme 2S hockey skate will include some of Bauer’s most innovative features to date. Here are some of the key highlights:
– LS5 Carbon Steel- The LS5 Carbon Steel from Bauer features a carbon chrome coating, which hardens the edges of the blades, and increases overall durability. The internal core of the LS5 Steel is also softer than a typical blade, which improves the sharpness and consistency at the edges. According to Bauer, the LS5 Carbon Steel will have an approximate 61-69% improvement in overall sharpness level compared to LS2 and other similar blades. The change is so drastic, Bauer suggests that you may need to choose a duller radius on the Bauer Supreme 2S skate. They feel that you will be able to maintain a strong bite on the ice, with a more shallow hollow because of the improvements made in the quality of the steel. A Bauer/NHL study found that most players chose a more shallow hollow after trying the LS5 Carbon Steel.
– Speedplate 2.0- The Bauer Speedplate 2.0 is a full custom footbed with multi-layer foam to help increase comfort and support. This in upgrade over the original Speedplate, which did not offer as much foam support, affecting the overall comfort of the product.
– 3 Piece 52 ounce felt tongue- The 3-piece felt tongue offers a unique blend of flexibility (3 pieces) for full range of motion, and protection with the 52 ounce felt padding throughout the tongue.
– Precision Fit Technology/Curv Composite Boot- Consistent with the high-end Supreme line over the most recent years– the 2S skate will feature a full Curv Composite boot, with an anatomical precision fit for a true custom fit around the contours of a persons foot.
Another interesting fact about the Bauer Supreme line– through 50 thousand foot scanes, the Bauer 3D Skate Lab found that 45% of players are an ideal fit for the Supreme line, over Vapor (43%), and Nexus (12%).
New to May 2018, the Bauer Supreme 2S goalie line reaches a new level of speed on the ice. The new C.O.R.T.E.C.H ST skin is improved for better slide, durability and faster rebounds. And the POWERLITE core gives the pads a more durable core with better seal on the ice.
With 83 percent better puck impact, 68 percent better tensile strength and 57 percent better skate cut resistance, these pads are three times more durable overall.
Supreme vs. Vapor Goalie Pads: Supreme pads feature a single break below the knee with a stiff, fused boot for goalies who like technical and precise movements. Vapor pads have a double break above and below the knee with soft boot flex. Perfect for agile, reactive goalies.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 9 out of 10- A lightweight, firm pad using cutting edge technologies that compliment the modern butterfly goalie.
On May 18, 2018 the Bauer Supreme 2S Pro Goalie Skate will be released for sale. The new goalie skate has a new Curv Composite boot, carbon coated stainless steel, lock-fit pro liner, and a new heel lock with an eyelet comfort pad. These upgrades make the 2S Pro one of the most elite goalie skates on the market today. Here are some of the highlights:
- Carbon Curv® composite boot
- Asymmetric goalie specific boot design
- Lock Fit Pro liner
- Asymmetric recoil tongue
- VERTEXX EDGE goalie holder
- Full composite outsole with ventilation
- Goalie specific toe cap
- LS5G Carbon-Coated Stainless Steel
- Lundqvist loop
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 10 out of 10– One of the best skates available for elite level goalies looking for a performance skate. The lightest goalie skate ever made.
With the meteoric rise in popularity of performance composite goalie sticks at every level of hockey, the Bauer Supreme 1S set a very high bar in terms of weight and balance. With the launch of the Bauer Supreme 2S Pro, the bar is set even higher.
The biggest improvement in the 2S Pro is the new Ergo Spine construction. This technology allows Bauer to compress and flatten the materials in the paddle reducing weight and increasing stiffness. As a result of this “flattening”, the spine of the handle is visible on the back of the paddle making for an extremely lightweight goalie stick.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating- 10 out of 10. The lightest premium goalie stick on the market today.