Bauer’s Power Profile is a 4 Zoned Radii, known as a Quad profile. The blade shape is designed with 4 zones uniquely placed and designed for specific performance improvements during all types of edge work.
• The first zone, located near the toe of the runner, is shaped to maximize acceleration. As the player begins their stride, the weight shifts over the top of the toes for the initial drive into the ice, utilizing a 6 inch radius.
• The second zone, known as the transition zone, sits on a 9 inch radius, which helps transition the players stride from rapid acceleration to measured, longer striding. The center of gravity shifts slightly back from the acceleration stride.
• The third zone, is the speed zone. Leveraging an 11 inch radius, the player is now maximizing their blade to ice contact for an efficient power transfer and straight line speed.
• The final zone, towards the heel of the blade, is the stability zone. This area holds the longest radius with 13 inches to provide balance as players shift between their edges when pivoting and absorbing contact.
Built from over 800,000 foot scans, Bauer has created a way for you to choose your skate “style” first, and “fit” second.
WHICH STYLE ARE YOU?
The Vapor collection is designed for players who put a premium on agility and lateral movement.
The Supreme collection is for players who value straight away speed and acceleration.
Each collection is available in 3 fits, so every foot shape is covered.
WHICH FIT ARE YOU?
FIT 1: Low volume, on the narrow side. Similar to a traditional Vapor fit.
FIT 2: Medium volume & width. Similar to a traditional Supreme fit.
FIT 3: High volume & wide width. Similar to a traditional Nexus fit.
Simply choose the style that fits your game, then choose the fit that best suits your foot. It’s that simple. If you have any questions just reach out to the experts at Sports Etc!
Coming to stores on July 13 2018, Bauer will be releasing the newest skate to their Supreme line. The Bauer Supreme 2S hockey skate will include some of Bauer’s most innovative features to date. Here are some of the key highlights:
– LS5 Carbon Steel- The LS5 Carbon Steel from Bauer features a carbon chrome coating, which hardens the edges of the blades, and increases overall durability. The internal core of the LS5 Steel is also softer than a typical blade, which improves the sharpness and consistency at the edges. According to Bauer, the LS5 Carbon Steel will have an approximate 61-69% improvement in overall sharpness level compared to LS2 and other similar blades. The change is so drastic, Bauer suggests that you may need to choose a duller radius on the Bauer Supreme 2S skate. They feel that you will be able to maintain a strong bite on the ice, with a more shallow hollow because of the improvements made in the quality of the steel. A Bauer/NHL study found that most players chose a more shallow hollow after trying the LS5 Carbon Steel.
– Speedplate 2.0- The Bauer Speedplate 2.0 is a full custom footbed with multi-layer foam to help increase comfort and support. This in upgrade over the original Speedplate, which did not offer as much foam support, affecting the overall comfort of the product.
– 3 Piece 52 ounce felt tongue- The 3-piece felt tongue offers a unique blend of flexibility (3 pieces) for full range of motion, and protection with the 52 ounce felt padding throughout the tongue.
– Precision Fit Technology/Curv Composite Boot- Consistent with the high-end Supreme line over the most recent years– the 2S skate will feature a full Curv Composite boot, with an anatomical precision fit for a true custom fit around the contours of a persons foot.
Another interesting fact about the Bauer Supreme line– through 50 thousand foot scanes, the Bauer 3D Skate Lab found that 45% of players are an ideal fit for the Supreme line, over Vapor (43%), and Nexus (12%).
New to May 2018, the Bauer Supreme 2S goalie line reaches a new level of speed on the ice. The new C.O.R.T.E.C.H ST skin is improved for better slide, durability and faster rebounds. And the POWERLITE core gives the pads a more durable core with better seal on the ice.
With 83 percent better puck impact, 68 percent better tensile strength and 57 percent better skate cut resistance, these pads are three times more durable overall.
Supreme vs. Vapor Goalie Pads: Supreme pads feature a single break below the knee with a stiff, fused boot for goalies who like technical and precise movements. Vapor pads have a double break above and below the knee with soft boot flex. Perfect for agile, reactive goalies.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 9 out of 10- A lightweight, firm pad using cutting edge technologies that compliment the modern butterfly goalie.
On May 18, 2018 the Bauer Supreme 2S Pro Goalie Skate will be released for sale. The new goalie skate has a new Curv Composite boot, carbon coated stainless steel, lock-fit pro liner, and a new heel lock with an eyelet comfort pad. These upgrades make the 2S Pro one of the most elite goalie skates on the market today. Here are some of the highlights:
- Carbon Curv® composite boot
- Asymmetric goalie specific boot design
- Lock Fit Pro liner
- Asymmetric recoil tongue
- VERTEXX EDGE goalie holder
- Full composite outsole with ventilation
- Goalie specific toe cap
- LS5G Carbon-Coated Stainless Steel
- Lundqvist loop
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 10 out of 10– One of the best skates available for elite level goalies looking for a performance skate. The lightest goalie skate ever made.
Bauer recently launched the latest iteration of it’s popular Supreme 1S hockey stick. While remaining faithful to what loyal Supreme users love, they have made some improvements. Foremost among these is the new Renewcore technology in the blade. Renewcore is a gel placed inside the blade that stays in a liquid state forever. The benefits of this are:
- Improved energy transfer
- Improved puck feel
- Increased durability
The Extended Transfer Zone connects the taper to the high kickpoint, allowing energy to transfer faster and more effectively.
Check out the new 2017 Bauer Supreme 1S Stick, formulated to maximize energy transfer to give you your hardest shot and Bring The BOOM!
Finding the right pair of hockey skates can be confusing with so many makes, models and changes to the hockey industry over the years. To simplify things, it is easier to break down skate fit into 3 categories: Tapered/Narrow, Contoured/Mid, and Traditional/Wide. Let’s take a closer look at what we mean and how it relates to the two major skate manufacturers; CCM and Bauer:
1.) Tapered/Narrow Fitting Skates
The tapered style skates generally have a narrower and shallower profile than other models, which allows for a nice, snug fit around the foot for optimum performance. This is the most popular fit within the hockey community and generally caters to an individual with an average foot, but is definitely not right for everyone, especially those with fuller feet. The tapered fit are products of the Bauer Vapor line, and the CCM Jetspeed line- our two best selling models.
2.) Contoured/Mid-Cut Skates
The contoured/mid-cut skates are perfect for someone with average to slightly full cut feet. It runs wider than the tapered line of skates, but still has a firm heel lock to provide a secure fit. This style of fit tends to be our second most popular seller, and offers a perfect blend between a narrow and wide cut skate. Examples of this skate would be the Bauer Supreme series and the CCM Tacks line.
3.) Traditional/Wide Fitting Skates
The traditional or wide cut skates are the fullest cut of any skate models on the market today. The more flexible boot and deeper heel allows for a relaxed and comfortable fit for those with wider feet. If you tend to have a narrow foot, this may not be the best option because the extra space within the skate may cause discomfort or hurt your overall performance. This style of fit is similar to that of a EE width, and has really replaced the need to seek out a different skate in a EE wide. The Bauer Nexus series, and the CCM Ribcor line offer this fit.
If you are able to narrow your search down to these three fit styles, selecting the perfect skate becomes much more manageable. With that said, the BEST way to ensure a proper fit is to come see the experts at Sports Etc!
- The new Bauer OD1N Supreme 1S, S190 and S170 goalie pads have a new sizing system, that has been throwing people off a little bit. Instead of a traditional numerical sizing like, 33+1, 34+1, etc. the sizes run Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL. Below is the sizing system that Bauer is now using for their leg pads:
- BAUER SUPREME OD1N 1S SUPREME GOALIE LEG PAD SIZING
- SENIOR SIZING
- INTERMEDIATE SIZING
- JUNIOR SIZING
1.) Bauer Vapor Line
- The Bauer Vapor series has been a staple in the hockey skate industry for over a decade now. The Vapor line continues to be a best-seller because of its reliable, excellent fit. The narrow, tapered fit allows the skate to fit snugly on a players foot, which most hockey players desire to achieve the best performance.
- The new “trigger” holder from Bauer has also had a tremendous impact on the popularity of the brand. The ability to change out broken blades, or freshly sharpened blades on the fly has proven to provide excellent value to the skate.
2.) CCM Jetspeed Line
- The only skate that has been able to successfully put a dent in the Bauer Vapor line, has been the new Jetspeed skate from CCM. The fit is very similar to that of a Bauer Vapor, in that it is a narrow, tapered fit, which allows the boot to sit securely on the foot. Once you get this skate on someone’s foot, it has been an easy sell.
3.) Bauer Supreme Line
- The Bauer Supreme series has been Bauer’s second best-selling skate for a number of years now. The Supreme fits a little bit wider than the Vapor, so if someone has a “fuller” foot and wants a Bauer skate, this is generally the skate for them. The contoured fit around the ankle provides an excellent heel lock, while the spacious mid-foot area creates a comfortable fit.
4.) CCM Tacks Line
- The new CCM Tacks line mimcs the fit of a Bauer Supreme- the contoured boot locks the heel in place, while the slightly wider mid-foot adds space for those with “fuller” feet. The Tacks of a few years ago were extremely wide, and created a very sloppy fit, but have been newly redesigned for a more secure fit.
5.) CCM Ribcor Line
- The CCM Ribcor Line is one of the most comfortable “out-of-the-box” fits on the skate market. The slightly wider width allows for a generous fit, while the softer boot creates a forgiving and comfortable fit. Ideal for any player that values comfort over anything else.
The new Bauer Supreme 1S Goalie Skate is here and it could completely change the goalie skate industry forever. The completely unique and innovative technology ditches the traditional cowling for a new and improved holder, which sheds weight like you wouldn’t believe. The new VERTEXX edge holder also improves the attacking angle of the goalie by adding height, and removing the hindrances of a traditional cowling, allowing the goalie to keep their skate closer to the ice than ever before.
Here are some the highlights from Bauer:
The Supreme 1S has a lighter weight outsole to maximize quickness. An asymmetric design allows for a deeper stance. And the revolutionary VERTEXX EDGE holder gives goalies a greater attack angle for getting to pucks once thought unstoppable.
The Vertexx Edge holder is a goalie specific holder that eliminates the cowling and adds 5mm in height, giving it 10% better attack angle than the Vertexx 2.0 and 38% better than a traditional cowling. Combined with removable steel that’s ready at the pull of the trigger, goalies now get the upper hand.
Shed weight and speed increases. The Supreme 1S skates use the first-ever composite outsole to reduce weight by 11 percent, increasing stiffness for greater weight transfer and quickness, eliminating the need and weight of a cowling.