1.) Bauer Vapor Line
- The Bauer Vapor series has been a staple in the hockey skate industry for over a decade now. The Vapor line continues to be a best-seller because of its reliable, excellent fit. The narrow, tapered fit allows the skate to fit snugly on a players foot, which most hockey players desire to achieve the best performance.
- The new “trigger” holder from Bauer has also had a tremendous impact on the popularity of the brand. The ability to change out broken blades, or freshly sharpened blades on the fly has proven to provide excellent value to the skate.
2.) CCM Jetspeed Line
- The only skate that has been able to successfully put a dent in the Bauer Vapor line, has been the new Jetspeed skate from CCM. The fit is very similar to that of a Bauer Vapor, in that it is a narrow, tapered fit, which allows the boot to sit securely on the foot. Once you get this skate on someone’s foot, it has been an easy sell.
3.) Bauer Supreme Line
- The Bauer Supreme series has been Bauer’s second best-selling skate for a number of years now. The Supreme fits a little bit wider than the Vapor, so if someone has a “fuller” foot and wants a Bauer skate, this is generally the skate for them. The contoured fit around the ankle provides an excellent heel lock, while the spacious mid-foot area creates a comfortable fit.
4.) CCM Tacks Line
- The new CCM Tacks line mimcs the fit of a Bauer Supreme- the contoured boot locks the heel in place, while the slightly wider mid-foot adds space for those with “fuller” feet. The Tacks of a few years ago were extremely wide, and created a very sloppy fit, but have been newly redesigned for a more secure fit.
5.) CCM Ribcor Line
- The CCM Ribcor Line is one of the most comfortable “out-of-the-box” fits on the skate market. The slightly wider width allows for a generous fit, while the softer boot creates a forgiving and comfortable fit. Ideal for any player that values comfort over anything else.