Bauer has launched it’s newest stick, the 2017/2018 Vapor 1X Lite. How light is it? So light it feels like nothing! So light it will have you asking “What’s Lighter”?
- 15 GRAMS LIGHTER: The Advanced Carbon Layering (ACL) is a new, innovative design using thinner, stronger internal carbon fiber layers in the stick blade, which has helped create the lightest stick ever — 15 grams lighter than the previous 1X.
11% FASTER RELEASE: With the weight savings provided by ACL technology, the VAPOR 1X Lite delivers an 11% improvement in taper recoil — which means an 11% faster release for you, and 11% less time for goalies to react to your shot.
- 20% INCREASE in BLADE STABILITY: The 2017 VAPOR 1X Lite features new QRT+ technology, which uses extra carbon fiber layers to reinforce the taper zone where the shaft becomes the blade. The result is 20% increased blade stability from the previous 1X stick, giving you better one-timers and pass control.
Sports Etc Performance to Value Rating: 9 out of 10: Bauer has hit another home run with the release of their newest Vapor 1x Lite hockey stick. Many stick manufacturers will argue that they make the lightest stick on the market today, but the new 1X Lite is truly the lightest stick we have ever felt. If you are in the market for a quick-release, low kick-point stick– this is the perfect stick for you.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 9 out of 10
The Bauer Vapor 1X hockey skate continues to be the best-selling high-end performance skate that we carry. The 2017 version of the 1X has had some noticeable changes, which in our opinion have been for the better. Here are some of the pros and cons:
- New and improved tongue: The newly designed “Flex Lock Pro” tongue has heat moldable inserts that improve the overall flexibility of the tongue, while not compromising on protection. The old high-end vapor model had a thick felt tongue, which was great for comfort and protection, but it also created an extremely stiff feel when attempting to flex your foot forward. The new tongue provides the most flexible and comfortable feel of any high-end model to date.
- Realigned Inner Quarter Panel: The inside panel of the boot has been increased in overall size to help support the natural ankle position and pressure that a skater puts on the boot. The majority of time, a skater is putting most of their pressure on the inside of the skate while pushing off. The increased surface area on the inside allows for a better response, while providing more support as you drive your skate into the ice.
- Improved Skate Eyelets: The softer flex composition of the eyelets makes them more durable than last years 1X model. The 2015 Bauer 1X had some issues with eyelets cracking because of the one piece composition of the boot and eyelets. This created too much stress on the eyelet, causing them to break. Bauer has redesigned the eyelets on the 2017 model to mimic a more traditional eyelet, which reduces stress on the eyelets, in turn improving the durability.
- Steel Cracking: Since Bauer has changed to the Lightspeed Edge trigger holder, there has definitely been an uptick in steel breaking on their skates. This may be attributed to the way the steel is held into the skate. The “trigger” piece that holds the skate blade does not secure the blade as tight as the traditional screw that used to hold the steel. With that said, the convenience of changing steel on the fly has been a major benefit to the hockey community.
The Bauer Vapor 1x goalie skate has arrived. The new skate from Bauer is lightweight, mobile and protective—the VAPOR 1X goal skate is perfect for goalies who are quick on their feet. Designed to bring a new level of agility to the game’s most dynamic goalies. Here are some of the highlights:
- The 3mm extended facing allows the goalie to stay in attack position while adding more wrap for better overall fit.
- The Dynamic Tongue Flex molded insert gives goalies an edge by acting like a spring to move them forward into their stance.
- The Curv™Composite Quarter and Composite Outsole on the VAPOR 1X goal skate reduces weight, increasing stiffness for better weight transfer and increased quickness.
- The Vertexx Edge holder is a goalie-specific holder that eliminates the cowling and adds extra height, giving it a superior attack angle. The added advantage of a removable steel that’s ready in an instant means quick goalies just got quicker.
Bauer Vapor Traditional Fit– The Vapor fit on the goalie skate is similar to that of the original Bauer Reactor skate. Relaxed/traditional fit- good for normal to slightly full feet.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating– 10 out of 10– One of the best skates available for elite level goalies looking for a performance skate. The most innovative goalie skate on the market.
Check out the complete line of Bauer Vapor Goalie Skates Available NOW!
Finding the right pair of hockey skates can be confusing with so many makes, models and changes to the hockey industry over the years. To simplify things, it is easier to break down skate fit into 3 categories: Tapered/Narrow, Contoured/Mid, and Traditional/Wide. Let’s take a closer look at what we mean and how it relates to the two major skate manufacturers; CCM and Bauer:
1.) Tapered/Narrow Fitting Skates
The tapered style skates generally have a narrower and shallower profile than other models, which allows for a nice, snug fit around the foot for optimum performance. This is the most popular fit within the hockey community and generally caters to an individual with an average foot, but is definitely not right for everyone, especially those with fuller feet. The tapered fit are products of the Bauer Vapor line, and the CCM Jetspeed line- our two best selling models.
2.) Contoured/Mid-Cut Skates
The contoured/mid-cut skates are perfect for someone with average to slightly full cut feet. It runs wider than the tapered line of skates, but still has a firm heel lock to provide a secure fit. This style of fit tends to be our second most popular seller, and offers a perfect blend between a narrow and wide cut skate. Examples of this skate would be the Bauer Supreme series and the CCM Tacks line.
3.) Traditional/Wide Fitting Skates
The traditional or wide cut skates are the fullest cut of any skate models on the market today. The more flexible boot and deeper heel allows for a relaxed and comfortable fit for those with wider feet. If you tend to have a narrow foot, this may not be the best option because the extra space within the skate may cause discomfort or hurt your overall performance. This style of fit is similar to that of a EE width, and has really replaced the need to seek out a different skate in a EE wide. The Bauer Nexus series, and the CCM Ribcor line offer this fit.
If you are able to narrow your search down to these three fit styles, selecting the perfect skate becomes much more manageable. With that said, the BEST way to ensure a proper fit is to come see the experts at Sports Etc!
1.) Bauer Vapor Line
- The Bauer Vapor series has been a staple in the hockey skate industry for over a decade now. The Vapor line continues to be a best-seller because of its reliable, excellent fit. The narrow, tapered fit allows the skate to fit snugly on a players foot, which most hockey players desire to achieve the best performance.
- The new “trigger” holder from Bauer has also had a tremendous impact on the popularity of the brand. The ability to change out broken blades, or freshly sharpened blades on the fly has proven to provide excellent value to the skate.
2.) CCM Jetspeed Line
- The only skate that has been able to successfully put a dent in the Bauer Vapor line, has been the new Jetspeed skate from CCM. The fit is very similar to that of a Bauer Vapor, in that it is a narrow, tapered fit, which allows the boot to sit securely on the foot. Once you get this skate on someone’s foot, it has been an easy sell.
3.) Bauer Supreme Line
- The Bauer Supreme series has been Bauer’s second best-selling skate for a number of years now. The Supreme fits a little bit wider than the Vapor, so if someone has a “fuller” foot and wants a Bauer skate, this is generally the skate for them. The contoured fit around the ankle provides an excellent heel lock, while the spacious mid-foot area creates a comfortable fit.
4.) CCM Tacks Line
- The new CCM Tacks line mimcs the fit of a Bauer Supreme- the contoured boot locks the heel in place, while the slightly wider mid-foot adds space for those with “fuller” feet. The Tacks of a few years ago were extremely wide, and created a very sloppy fit, but have been newly redesigned for a more secure fit.
5.) CCM Ribcor Line
- The CCM Ribcor Line is one of the most comfortable “out-of-the-box” fits on the skate market. The slightly wider width allows for a generous fit, while the softer boot creates a forgiving and comfortable fit. Ideal for any player that values comfort over anything else.
The new 2103 Bauer Vapor skate line is available now. The new Bauer Vapor skates will feature Bauer Lightspeed Edge quick change blade system which will revolutionize the concept of always having sharp edges
Come In And Be Professionally Fit Today!