CCM E-FLEX 5- Take Control Of The Game
The New CCM E-Flex 5 provides a whole new level of flexibility and control. Control Rebound Technology lets you decide where the puck goes next. With Dual1teCore Technology, there
is added stiffness above the knee to give you the ultimate seal, stability and sliding, with added flexibility
below the knee and into the boot for great reactivity and powerful pushes
- SIDE WALL PROTECTION: X-Stiff Sidewall with Straight Finger Protection. High impact protection
- CUFF: Adjustable FlexMotion Cuff. Amplified mobility with customizable fit and range of motion.
- FINGER PROTECTORS: HD Foam Wrap + D3O® Protection. Optimal impact protection
- PALM: Multi-Layered Reinforced Nash®. Optimized feel and durability
- PALM POSITION: Centered Palm Position. Provides balance
- BLOCKING BOARD: Heat-Laminated Dual-Density Foam with PE Board. Thin profile design with maximum rebound control.
- BREAK ANGLE: 600. Middle of hand closure
- PALM STIFFNESS: Game-Ready Fit + D3O® Protection. Easy break-in with upgraded protection
- CUFF/THUMB: One Piece. Redesigned cuff core for maximum coverage and enhanced closure.
- BACKHAND AND CUFF: FlexMotion Design. Segmented Molded HD foam protection for optimal flexibility, and articulated cuff for added mobility.
- BACKHAND PROTECTION: HD Raised-Foam Finger Padding. Enhanced flexibility and strong impact protection.
- POCKET: Double Straight Tee. Helps track the puck
- WRIST STRAP: Quick-Release Webbing Strap. Easy and secure adjustment
- INNER PALM: Layered Felt/D3O®. Game-ready flex with excellent impact protection
- FINGER STALLS: Nash®. Comfort feel and quicker release
- FLEX PROFILE: Outer Single Break + Pre-Curved Single Break Core. Maximizes flexibility while helping to close the 5-hole.
- PAD FACE: CONTROL Rebound Technology + CONTROL Knee Rolls. Keep pucks controlled in tight. Molded and minimized knee rolls enhance rebound predictability.
- CORE CONSTRUCTION: DUAL1TECORE Technology + Molded Pro Core. Lightweight dual flex profile for quicker transition into butterfly.
- BOOT: Deep 90-Degree with Torsional Flex and Bungee Toe String System. Enhanced connectivity and flexibility for power pushes.
- BOOT CHANNEL: Deep Soft. Added mobility and feel between the skate and pad.
- LEG CHANNEL/ STRAPPING: Deep, Tight Fit with QMSS. Responsive feel for optimal reactivity and connection with the leg.
- KNEE CRADLE: Recessed Foam with Removable Knee Cradle Wrap. Deeper knee cradle helps close the 5-hole.
- KNEE RAISER / LANDING ZONE: 3D Grip/Injection-Molded EPP Foam with Raised Inner Edge Stabilizer. Excellent pad seal and stability with maximum impact absorption.
CCM Ribcor Trigger 5 Pro Available Now
New to 2020, the Ribcor Trigger 5 Pro is designed for the ultimate quick-release shot. It features a low kick-point, e-geometry shaft and CCM’s new Nanolite carbon layering technology. At 365g, this is the lightest, quickest and most durable stick yet.
The Ribcor Trigger 5 Pro is one of the most popular sticks in the NHL for a reason. The innovative shaft and blade design make it one of the most unique sticks on the market today. It is perfect for any experienced player looking for a competitive advantage.
The New CCM Jetspeed FT2 Hockey Skates
Coming April 26, 2019! The newest skate in the Jetspeed line has undergone some significant changes. Most notably, the CCM Jetspeed FT2 has an enhanced one-piece boot, SpeedBlade XS quick-release holder and SpeedBlade XS1 Black (+2mm) steel.
The LiteFrame 360 EVO is a significant upgrade from the previous generation FT1. The seamless one-piece boot contains no outsole, stitching or glue, which creates a high energy transfer zone essentially becoming a natural extension of the skaters foot.
The SpeedBlade XS holder was developed as a quick, easy-to-use system to swap blades out on the fly. The BladeLock technology consists of a positive-lock mechanism that improves on “spring-lock” systems. The holder prevents blades from loosening or accidentally disconnecting from the holder.
The SpeedBlade XS Black (+2mm) steel is a premium oxide blade that holds a longer edge with higher resistance to corrosion. The 12% additional height over standard blades allows for tighter turns and performance.
Sports Etc Performance-to-Value Rating: 10 out of 10. CCM now offers the only true one-piece boot on the market, and adds to it a high performance steel and a quick-release holder that allows players to change steel on the fly.
Available April 26, 2019!
CCM E-Flex 4 Goalie Gear Arrives April 26
This April CCM will launch it’s 4th iteration of the E-flex series of goalie equipment. Here’s a brief overview of the the E-Flex Pro gear:
E-flex 4 Pro Leg Pads– The new E-Flex 4 pushes the limits of design while providing the competitive advantage of foot speed and seal to the ice.
E-Flex 4 Pro Catch Glove- Ultimate combination of playability and feel, the new E-Flex 4 catch glove is meticulously engineered and handcrafted to a game ready feel.
E-Flex 4 Pro Blocker– The new E-flex 4 blocker transfers puck energy to propel it to the corner and it has a balanced, lightweight design to control rebounds.
CCM E-Flex 4 Pro goalie gear is scheduled to hit the shelves in late April 26, 2019! Other models will follow shortly after
2019 Staff Stick Recommendations For Tourney Time
There is no more important time of year for a hockey player than tournament time! Tournament time is the culmination of the season. It also tends to be the time of the year when your stick has seen better days after numerous slappers, blocks and slashes. Fear not, this is a great time to consider a new stick and we have a few recommendations to narrow down the choices.
Bauer Nexus 2N Pro– This premium, pro level stick is the latest version of the Bauer Nexus line. Nexus stands out as the first of the “Hybrid Flex” sticks featuring a mid-kick point and Sweet Spot Technology for a natural flex. This is Bauer’s most versatile, elite stick.
Warrior QX Pro– A staff favorite for overall performance-to-value in a pro stick. This is the same stick used by junior hockey and college hockey teams. They are exceptionally lightweight and durable, and are offered in an extra tall. The QX line offers a “natural flex” coupled with the Saber Taper and Minimus Carbon 800 for a versatile, high performance experience. Compare this stick to sticks that cost $80-$100 more and you’ll have a new favorite too!
Warrior QRE Pro– Another staff favorite for overall performance-to-value in a pro stick. This is the same stick used by junior hockey and college hockey teams. They are exceptionally lightweight and durable, and are offered in an “extra tall.” The QR line offers a low kick point, the most popular kick point in hockey, coupled with the unique Edge Taper and Minimus Carbon 1000 for a high performance, quick release stick. Compare this stick to sticks that cost $80-$100 more and you’ll have a new favorite too!
CCM SuperTacks AS1– The new SuperTacks AS1 pushes the boundaries of performance and will become the new standard for Mid-Kick point sticks. The stiffness profile has been revisited to maximize loading while providing great stability and control. Not only can players benefit from a great, powerful stick, the feel has been substantially improved. The new X-Flow technology allows for a 10g weight reduction while improving compaction for better durability.
CCM Tacks 9080– Another stick that rates highly in the performance-to-value ratio. Featuring the same mid-kick, maximum loading taper and intermediate geometry as the AS1 in a more affordable stick. At nearly 1/2 the price of an elite stick, this is one of the best deals around.
Introducing the CCM Super Tacks AS1 Hockey Stick- Dare To Dominate!
Just arrived! The 2018 CCM Super Tacks AS1 hockey stick pushes the boundaries of performance and has become the new standard for Mid-Kick point sticks. The stiffness profile has been revisited to maximize loading while providing great stability and control. Not only can players benefit from a great, powerful stick, but the feel has been substantially improved. The new X-Flow technology allows for a 10g weight reduction while improving compaction for better durability.
Check out some of the highlights:
KICK POINT: Max loading, mid-kick point. A soft mid-section allows for a longer loading period which increases the energy stored, while the stiff taper maximizes stability throughout the shot
SHAFT TECHNOLOGY: X-Flow Technology is an optimized molding technology which allows for better compaction of the stick’s fibers, while also providing increased durability and lighter weight
BLADE: ACU3 Blade: A lighter but very stiff layup with a tactile surface for maximum shot control. Also features a reinforced toe and heel for unparalleled durability.
INTERMEDIATE GEOMETRY: Designed with the help of Elite women’s hockey players and a cross-section of youth players, rounded corners and concave sides for better control and comfort.
Sports Etc Performance To Value Rating- 9 out of 10- The CCM Super Tacks AS1 is a performance hockey stick offering the most natural flex point of any stick on the market today. The softer mid-section of the stick creates a longer loading period, which maximizes energy and power. Combined with a 10 gram weight reduction, the AS1 is a can’t miss stick for 2018!
Get The Perfect Fit! The CCM 3D Hockey Skate Scanner
CCM Hockey jumps headlong into the 3D skate scanner market with the launch of the new CCM 3D Fit Scanner. The CCM 3D Fit Scanner combines elements of other popular skate scanners resulting in the most versatile scanner on the market. The CCM 3D Fit Scanner can be used 3 ways-
- Skate Recommender- The 3D scanner interface can be used to analyze any set of feet and recommend the ideal size and line of stock CCM skates. It even gives you the second best choice.
- 3D Custom Mold- The 3D scanner interface can be used to order a set of 3D custom molded skates. In this process, a 3D model of your foot is created and a Super Tacks AS1 is pressure molded to the model giving you a perfect fit right out of the box! This process takes about 8 business days and is the best option for a custom fitted skate.
- Total Custom Skates- The 3D scanner interface can be used to create a true custom skate. The process is the same as the 3D custom skate, but your options are greater. Among the options are a choice of Super Tacks AS1, Jet Speed FT1, Ribcor 70K, different sizes for left and right foot, different tongues and many more options. Total Custom Skates take 2-4 weeks for delivery.
The CCM 3D Fit Scanner will be at Sports Etc. Follow us on social media for updates on the CCM 3D Fit Scanner!
CCM Premier II Pro Goalie Gear Arrives April 2018!
The latest edition of the ultra-popular CCM Premier goalie gear, the Premier II Pro, arrives in late April. This is the lightest, most innovative version of the Premier series ever. Here are a few of the features:
Premier II Pro Leg Pads
Litecore Technology- 20% lighter core than the original Premier with structural integrity to help the pad seal to the ice.
Max Rebound Technology– Directional energy transfer foam offers powerful rebound control, eliminating the second shot.
Quick Motion Strap System– Responsive system for faster drop velocity and butterfly recovery.
Premier II Pro Catch Glove
Double T Pocket– Increased visibility in the pocket.
D30 Technology– Increased protection and shock absorption.
Adjustable Hand Strap– Improved fit for optimized snap.
Premier II Pro Blocker
Redesigned Inside Thumb Protector– Lightweight and optimized weight balance.
D30 Technology– Impact protection when the puck rolls up on the paddle.
Anatomical Cuff– Increased wrist mobility for playing the puck.
Pre-Order Now: Premier II Pro gear will be available to purchase on April 29, 2018!
New to 2018: The CCM Super Tacks AS1 Hockey Skates
The CCM Super Tacks was the first skate in 2016 to introduce the one-piece benefit to the hockey world. Building upon that design for 2018, is the new CCM Super Tacks AS1 skate. Featuring the engineered and patented Monoframe 360 technology, the Super Tacks AS1 pushed the limits further than ever before! Here are some of the key features-
One Piece Benefit– A newly designed fully anatomical shape that molds to every inch of the player’s foot and helps provide more foot-to-skate contact
Carbon Composite Frame– A one of a kind carbon composite material that helps players generate extreme power in their skating stride
SpeedBlade Black– A premium, oxide treated runner that helps provide advanced performance, a longer edge life, and higher resistance to corrosion
CCM Super Tacks AS1 will launch on April 27, 2018
Your Guide to the Most Popular Hockey Stick Curves
When choosing your hockey stick curve, it is important to pick a pattern that suits your style of play. There are a wide variety of options, and sometimes it may feel overwhelming when looking at all the stick manufacturers, and types of sticks, but it is not as confusing as you may think. Each hockey stick manufacturer produces the same exact curve patterns, they just give them different names based on the player that represents their company.
Here is a simple breakdown, and a look at the most popular hockey stick curves on the market today based on sales:
Bauer P92 (Ovechkin), CCM P29 (Crosby), Warrior W03 (Backstrom), TRUE TC2, STX X92
- Most popular curve in the US, Canada & Europe
- Used in 95% of European Pro Leagues according to Bauer
- Mid-Toe Curve
- Open Face/Toe
- Ideal for toe drags/controlling puck when stick-handling
- Perfect for elevating the puck on quick wristers or snapshots
- A shooter’s curve
Bauer P88 (Kane), CCM P40 (MacKinnon), Warrior W88 (Zetterberg), TRUE MC, STX X88
- Second most popular curve on the market today
- Standard Mid-Curve
- Slightly open face
- Ideal for stick-handling/puck possession
- Perfect for puck control and accurate shooting
- A playmaker’s curve
Bauer P28 (Eichel), CCM P28 (McDavid), Warrior W28 (Gallagher), TRUE TC4, STX X28
- Quickly rising in popularity at all levels, including the NHL
- Mid-Toe Curve
- Open toe with a large hook
- Makes toe drags easy
- The ultimate shooter’s curve- easy to elevate the puck and pick corners, but can make stick-handling more difficult for beginners
- Ideal for a skilled goal-scorer
In today’s hockey market, 9 out of 10 players will choose one of these 3 curves, which has led to a shift within production for hockey manufacturers. Most, if not all companies have begun to reduce the amount of stick patterns available for the consumer. For this reason, you may find it difficult to find a unique stick pattern, that you may have once used.