- With so many sticks to choose from, it can be difficult to find the “best value” stick. Especially with how routinely sticks can break, it’s important to find a stick that offers high-end performance at an affordable price. Many people just look at the highest priced stick, and assume it’s the best stick for them, but many times that is not the case.
1.) Warrior QR Pro Hockey Stick (Regular Price: $259.99, Sports Etc. Price: $169.99, 2 for $259.99)
- The Warrior QR Pro hockey stick is one of the best value sticks on the market. This “pro-stock” stick has all the qualities of a high-end stick, and is used at both the Division 1 College Hockey and NHL level.
- The QR Pro is a low kick-point stick, which is perfect for snapping off quick wrist shots, or snap shots.
- Sports Etc. offers this stick (normally valued at $259.99) for a discounted price of $169.99, or 2 for $269.99. You are essentially getting 2 pro-level hockey sticks for the price of 1, making it the best overall value hockey stick on the market today.
2.) True A 4.5 Hockey Stick (Regular Price: $139.99, Sports Etc. Price: $99.99)
- True is probably not the most well-known hockey stick manufacturer, but they certainly produce high quality sticks with the best of them. More well-known for their golf shafts, True Temper has begun producing one of the lighter “value” composite sticks on the market.
- At the $100 price-point, this stick is perfect for any men’s league or high school caliber hockey player. The A 4.5 has a mid kick-point, which is ideal for both wrist-shots and slap-shots.
- We have tried it, and we can honestly say the True A 4.5 is the best performing stick at this price-point. The puck really explodes off the blade and truly feels like a high-end stick.
3.) CCM Ribcor Titanium Hockey Stick (Regular Price: $119.99, Sports Etc. Price: $99.99)
- The CCM Ribcor Titanium is a SMU (special make-up) stick produced by CCM, which combines high-end stick technology at a lower price-point. Like the True A 4.5, the Titanium is much lighter than a normal stick at this price-point.
- The low-kick point is ideal for quick wristers or snap-shots, and the puck pops off the blade better than most sticks in this price range.
- We have had awesome feedback from Men’s league players that this performs above and beyond its price-point. The Titanium continues to be a staple for players looking for a quality stick at an affordable price.
4.) Sherwood EK 15 Hockey Stick (Regular Price: $259.99, Sports Etc. Price: $159.99, 2 for $259.99)
- The Sher-Wood EK 15 is similar to the Warrior QR Pro in that it is a high-end stick used at the collegiate level, but is available at a discounted “pro-stock” price.
- The EK 15 offers a low kick-point, which is perfect for a quick snap or wrist-shot.
- Sports Etc. offers this stick (normally valued at $259.99) for a discounted price of $159.99, or 2 for $259.99. You are essentially getting 2 pro-level hockey sticks for the price of 1, making it an incredible overall value.
5.) Bauer Supreme 170 Hockey Stick (Sports Etc. Price: $99.99)
- The Bauer Supreme 170 is an ideal men’s league hockey stick. It’s lightweight feel offers a higher-performing stick at an affordable price of $100.
- The higher kick-point is perfect for a heavy shooter, that enjoys laying into slap-shots, and looks for powerful shots at the net.