For many players and parents, hockey is a long season that involves many hours spent in the rink, but during the off-season there are some awesome training tools that can benefit all hockey players, from beginner to experienced.
Here are some of the best and most popular off-ice training tools on the market today that help improve shooting, passing, stick handling and skating:
- The Boomerang Passer Practice Ice Passing System is made of high density polyethylene to simulate an actual ice surface. It can be set up on virtually any level surface. The off-ice sheet is pre-drilled for proper mounting and comes complete with all the required mounting hardware. In minutes you can mount the Passer to the sheet and you are ready to set-up on your driveway, garage or basement floor.
- The Boomerang practice ice is perfect for practicing passes, one-timers or stick handling.
2.) Pro Guard Slide Board
- Slide boards are designed to build the quick, explosive strides that you will need to become a powerful skater on the ice. Pro Guard’s Slide Board lateral training helps improve power, change of direction, balance, agility, speed, flexibility and endurance.
- Ask any player in the NHL what the most important aspect of training is, and they will always refer to power skating. It is THE most important aspect of any player’s game, and this tool is an excellent way to build strength and speed off the ice.
3.) Smart Hockey Balls/Pucks
- The Smart Hockey Balls are excellent for simulating the actual weight and “feel” of a hockey puck. This off-ice training tool is the best way to improve stick handling. These Smart Hockey balls can be used on any flat surface- use it indoors or outdoors, you pick!